Review on Software R&D
|Support & Guidance|
|Environment & Location|
|How Rewarding Was It?|
During training phase for 1 month, I have developed fully working toy application using C++, MFC architecture and proper design patterns. I have worked on unit testing, using Team Foundation Server and do presentation in front of developers and project managers.
During project phase for another 2 month, I have partnered with other interns and completed small internal project which consist of back-end library and GUI. I have completed documentation for the project and do presentation in front of internal clients.
Objective test: Technical assessment is done with this test. Any programming language knowledge, OOP and Software Design (SOLID principles) are required to score the test.
Interview questions: Depends on where you steer your conversation, the interviewer will try to access your understanding and your ability in the domain.
1. SOLID principles and design patterns
2. Unit Testing
3. MFC framework
4. Team Foundation Server
5. Soft skills (including presentation, communication etc)
6. Basic business procedure and Materialise SOP
7. Teamwork and leadership skills
8. Preparing Software Design Document
9. Conversion from unmanaged to managed codes
10. and many more.
The supervisors guide throughout training phase and not spoon-feeding. They make sure the interns stay on course by asking the right questions and point out the mistakes made by interns. They are open to suggestion and are willing to teach and try new things.
During project phase, their role change to project manager and brainstorm together during scrum meeting.
I will improve on my communication, teamwork and time management skills.
In order to benefit from the internship, you should:
1. Have basic understanding on SOLID principles, design patterns and software design.
2. Become a proactive person.
3. Realize that the location is in the elite area, thus food and accommodation quite expensive around here.
4. Summons are always issued if you illegally park.
5. Participate in non work related activity.
6. and lastly enjoy you internship as their culture is awesome. You will thank me later :).