|Full Address||Lot 1945, Jalan Klinik, Seksyen 32,Shah Alam,,40460,Malaysia|
|Support & Guidance||
|Environment & Location||
Design EngineerThe experience was amazing as the manager guiding was very helpful and resourceful. Full review »Jonathan Luk , Mechanical Engineering (2nd Year), University of TorontoRatings
Enjoyment Support & Guidance Environment & Location How Rewarding Was It? Average 4.25How many weeks was it for?3 weeksDate of completion08/2014Monthly payRM 650What did you do?
1. Design boiler with AutoCAD
2. Chimney stress design calculation and drawing preparation.
3. Standardizing chimney specification for several package boiler.
4. Boiler auxiliary equipment design principles - Economizer and Air Preheater
5. Structural design for supporting frame for boiler and auxiliary equipmentA bit about your intenrship interview
How fast do you learn and give 1 examples. Do not really require prior knowledge as what you learn in the class will not be very useful.What did you learn?
1. Learn to work in a team
2. Develop computed aid design (CAD) skills with AutoCAD
3. How to prepare a tender and bidding
4. Design boiler components and manufacturing feasibility
5. Stress calculation for chimney and supporting frame
6. Better understanding towards the terminology used in boiler industry
7. Deeper understanding in products manufacturing
8. Understand how to use BS1119 code.Was your supervisor supportive?
My supervisor is a very nice and responsible person. He take care of his intern very well and treat them as a staffs instead of an office boy to photostat and make coffee. He always keep track with the progress I made tightly by having consultations at least once a week. After I finish every task, there will be a new task for me to do and learn. In this way, he make sure I learn as much as I can within the 3 months.What could be improved? What could you have done better?
I would say if I have more time, I can contribute more rather than just go there for learning.Advice for future interns?
Make sure you get the male manager, he is extremely helpful. This is for design department. Make sure you are interested in design before hopping in. Get some prior knowledge of boiler (renewable energy boiler) before going in will help tremendously - watch YouTube. Get familiar with some boiler compartments name. Make sure you are able to analyze a 3-views 2D drawing, or else get some practice.